BIOGRAPHY & ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS
CONCEPTS , ILLUSTRATIONS, DESIGNS,
TRADITIONAL & DIGITAL MEDIA
PRIVATE ART INSTRUCTOR
1) UNIVERSITY & COLLEGE GRADUATION
- Ontario College Diploma, Algonquin College, Concept Art and Illustrations 2015
- Basic Spanish Language Diploma, Universidad de Salamanca, Spain 1997
- Master of Library Science, University of Western Ontario, London Ontario 1980
- Bachelor of Art (French ), Université Laval, Quebec City 1979
- Bachelor of Science (Biology), University of Victoria, Victoria B.C. 1977
2) WORK EXPERIENCE
- Continue to pursue professional career in the education, art and entertainment industry
- First graphic novel the Double Chakana in process - scripts and illustrations.
- Senior Systems Librarian, over 30 years serving Information Technology, Quality Insurance and Project Management, Library and Archives Canada
3) EDUCATION, AWARDS AND ACHIEVEMENTS IN VISUAL ARTS
- Professional art endeavors: ex-president of two artists associations: Arteast and the National Capital Network of Sculptors; attended the International Sculptors Conference in Washington DC; organized professional talk series, arranged juried art exhibitions and education forums across the National Capital region with participation of Canadian and international artists, and under the auspices of the City of Ottawa, Ottawa School of Art,
Embassy of Austria and Government of Ontario.
- Awarded Government of Ontario1992 Art Grant to commission one year multi-faceted community art project: Voices of the Community, National Capital Region, Ontario.
- Illustrator, Dragon d'eau - calligraphy, Editions du Jours, Montreal 1975
- Youth art development: started painting lessons at the age of 4 under tutorship of renowned Chinese art master Mr. Lee Yu-Hong, Hong Kong; received awards and prizes in youth art competitions, city and international levels: age 10 (Movie: Born Free Art Competition), age 13 (Hong Kong Festival ), age 14 (Expo Osaka ); university art courses
4) TEACHING EXPERIENCE FOR CHILDREN
- art teacher for children ages 4-7, St. Joseph High School, Ottawa Catholic School Board 2009 - 2015
- private art classes for children in home studio
- organized sculpture and art workshops in multiple art promotion events in Ottawa 1990-1992
- conducted after school programme "Sing and Play in French" for children ages 3 to 7, Cedarhill Community Centre, Victoria BC, 1975
- taught as substitute teacher in Chinese Language classes, Victoria Chinese Public School, 1970-72
5) LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY
Fluency in Cantonese, Mandarin, English, French, Spanish and Portuguese.